[Wikimedia-l] crazy deletionists!

Tarc Meridian tarc at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 3 13:35:02 UTC 2012

I think that is a very dismissive misreading of the discussion.

Some people have it in their heads that "appears in reliable sources equates to article-worthiness", but the problem here is that the doings of celebrities is covered in excruciating detial by the media, including what tey eat, the clothes they wear, and so on.  Same for some politicians, such as every Thanksgiving some poor sod gets to stand outside the White House gate and breathlessly report what is on the President's table, or at XMas the reports of what the First Family bought each other.  Reliably sourced?  Yes.  Encyclopedic worthiness of "White House Thanksgiving 2009 Dinner Table" ?  None at all.