[Wikimedia-l] compromise?

Birgitte_sb at yahoo.com Birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 30 16:26:21 UTC 2012

On Dec 30, 2012, at 3:40 AM, James Salsman <jsalsman at gmail.com> wrote:

>> The April fundraiser is on translated messages IIRC.
>
> I'm sorry, I don't understand what this means. Where are plans for the
> April fundraiser being discussed?

It means multivariate testing in X languages is siginificantly more resource intensive than A/B testing in one language. Impractibly so for the fundraising team, IMHO. At least that is what I meant with that plus the following statement that you removed. The meaning required both to be read together.

You are subscribed to the same mailing list I am, yet you have been regularly asking people to dig out information that I myself am well aware of. And I do not get any information any place else than this list (except maybe wikitech-l which I am currently months and months behind on). Pay attention or search your own emails.

You may not realize this, but your recent messages seem rather disingenuous. Do your own research. Reply individually to others with the full context intact. Actually address the points of the message you reply to straight on, instead of sending the thread on a tangent. Or else, accept that you will be judged insincere and do not be surprised when people largely stop responding to your emails. I am done myself, unless you alter your approach.

Birgitte SB

(who really hates when people over-snip)