[Wikimedia-l] "Wikipedia in the classroom" in Guarani language

Everton Zanella Alvarenga ezalvarenga at wikimedia.org
Mon Dec 17 14:58:05 UTC 2012

Caro Osmar,

I would like to congratulate you and Wikimedia Argentina for this
work. I've seen also Wikimedia Argentina booklet in Spanish about one
month ago, and I liked your initiave

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikipedia_en_el_aula.pdf

And as pointed out in the following discussion, this can be used in
Brazil. Even in São Paulo, for instance, we have some indigeous who
speak Guarani. Let's hope some volunteers from Wikimedia Brasil can
use them in the classroom!

Saludos!

Tom

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 12:05 AM, Osmar Valdebenito
<osmar at wikimediachile.cl> wrote:
> This week, Wikimedia Argentina published the first edition of "Vikipetã
> mbo'eha kotýpe" [1], "Wikipedia in the classroom" in Guarani, an indigenous
> language spoken in Northern Argentina, Paraguay and Bolivia. It is the
> first Wikipedia related publication made in an American indigenous language.
>
> The goal of “Wikipedia in the classroom”, made originally in Spanish, is to
> help teachers to understand what is Wikipedia, how it works and how they
> can use it in an useful way. Most students already use Wikipedia so it is
> really important that teachers know what to do.
>
> “Wikipedia in the classroom” is an initiative launched in 2010 by Wikimedia
> Argentina with the support of different institutions, including the
> Education portal of the Argentine government, educ.ar. They released an
> special website about the project.[2] Wikimedia Argentina will print 500
> booklets of the Guarani edition to be distributed in schools and other
> educational institutions, and we expect to publish new editions in other
> indigenous languages in 2013.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Osmar Valdebenito G.
> Director Ejecutivo
> A. C. Wikimedia Argentina
>
> [1]
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Vikipet%C3%A3_mbo%27eha_kot%C3%BDpe.jpg
> [2] http://wikipediaenelaula.educ.ar/

Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more
useful than a life spent doing nothing."