[Wikimedia-l] Alpha version of the VisualEditor now available on the English Wikipedia

James Forrester jforrester at wikimedia.org
Wed Dec 12 19:24:04 UTC 2012

On 12 December 2012 02:58, Andrea Zanni <zanni.andrea84 at gmail.com> wrote:
> dont' forget sister projects

Absolutely. One of my particular concerns over the next few months is
understand how other non-Wikipedia wikis using MediaWiki (primarily
Wikimedia's, but others' too) work, and in what ways we will need to
add in flexibility to the VisualEditor so that, for example, the
editing surface definitely could be contained alongside a source
material (for Wikisource) or for structured data editing (for
Wikidata). Beyond having the flexibility, at some point we will need
to make sure these uses are actually supported - for which assistance
is gratefully received. :-)

J.
--
James D. Forrester