[Wikimedia-l] Alpha version of the VisualEditor now available on the English Wikipedia

Stevie Benton stevie.benton at wikimedia.org.uk
Wed Dec 12 10:47:13 UTC 2012

Excellent job, James and team! I hope you don't mind me sharing the details
on the WMUK blog.

Thanks,

Stevie

On 12 December 2012 10:34, Patricio Lorente <patricio.lorente at gmail.com>wrote:

> Looks great! Congrats James and team!
>
>                                           Patricio
>
> 2012/12/12 Liam Wyatt <liamwyatt at gmail.com>:
> > On Wednesday, 12 December 2012, Bishakha Datta wrote:
> >>

> >> I'm just imagining how much easier it will be to do wiki workshops and
> >> outreach sessions as this develops further.
> >>
> >> YES! When this is the default for new users we're going to have to
> > re-write all the training manuals to remove many of the current
> > wikimarkup-intensive sections. Being able to simplify the instructional
> > guides is a very good problem to have :-) It will certainly
> > radically decrease the amount of time we need in training workshops to
> get
> > people to a stage where they can go by themselves.
> >
> > -Liam
> >

> > --
> > wittylama.com
> > Peace, love & metadata

> Patricio Lorente
> Blog: http://www.patriciolorente.com.ar
> Identi.ca // Twitter: @patriciolorente

Stevie Benton
Communications Organiser
Wikimedia UK
+44 (0) 20 7065 0993 / +44 (0) 7803 505 173
@StevieBenton

Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a
global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the
Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).

*Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal
control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.*