[Wikimedia-l] COI+ certification proposal

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 11:51:46 UTC 2012

Yann Forget, 01/08/2012 13:13:
> I have suggested some basic rules about this on the French WP, but not
> only they were blankly rejected, but I was barred from mentioning the
> whole subject. The first step against CoI is making the editors
> conscious that, because of their profession, background, culture,
> etc., they may have a bias on a subject.

We regularly discuss this in the Italian community about the so called
subject matter experts, reegularly coming to the conclusion that we
surely make it clear that their opinions/original research is not
welcome (it regularly gets deleted), the question is whether thay can
find a way to contribute or they're unrecoverable.

Nemo