[Wikimedia-l] Using Wikisource for typing exercises

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 08:19:34 UTC 2012

Hoi,
I am learning Arabic and one of the skills I lack is typing with ten
fingers for the Arabic script. On many Wikisources the ProofreadPage
extension is installed. What I cannot easily find is where I find the books
that need transcription for Arabic.

There are many people every year learning other languages like Arabic who
benefit from touch typing. Exercises are needed to learn to type well and
using Wikisource is the ideal way to prevent all that labour to be futile.
Thanks,
      Gerard

http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.nl/2012/08/learning-to-type-arabic-wikisource.html