[Wikimedia-l] ombudsmen commission

Craig Franklin craig at halo-17.net
Mon Apr 23 12:23:57 UTC 2012

> Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 14:02:29 +0200
> From: Thomas Goldammer <thogol at googlemail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] ombudsmen commission

> > You can clearly document the process that you follow. You can publish
> > metrics like those Lodewijk suggested (and actual numbers, not just
> > guesses). It would be nice to have a page on meta that says how many
> > cases are currently at each point in the process and is kept
> > up-to-date.
>
> You just volunteered to set up such a page on Meta (for 2012, I mean).
> I already described the process we use, so this should be possible for
> you to do. Thanks.

I thought Thomas's requests and suggestions in this case were quite valid
and reasonable, and they did not deserve such a condescending and
passive-aggressive response.

I'm sure you're all very busy but that's no excuse for not continually
striving for a higher standard of transparency and accountability (within
the obvious restrictions that your work imposes).

Regards,
Craig Franklin