[Wikimedia-l] Wiki Travel Guide

James Heilman jmh649 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 19:30:45 UTC 2012

@Yaroslov
1) A merger within a WMF project  is supported by admins from both WT and
WV. WV is going to be meeting on the possibility of merging June 9th in
Germany

2) Wikimedia's mission is to provide freely available educational content I
am not sure which "WMF principles" you do not see such a site as being
compatible with? You mention that a good travel guide selects information.
A good encyclopedia sections information as well. I am not sure why we
would encounter any differences? We deal with spam here on Wikipedia all
the time.

2a) Not catering to a specific audience is one of the criticisms of
Wikipedia. The proposed travel guide would write for a general audience.
Wikipedia has written for a general audience with some success.

--
James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian