[Wikimedia-l] Wiki Travel Guide

James Heilman jmh649 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 17:27:25 UTC 2012

Yes WikiTravel has some poorly sourced pages that ramble on. However so
does Wikipedia. The solution is to increase the size of the community and
quality will increase with time. We did not always have
strike referencing guidelines. To get this project to grow we need to get
it based in an environment where it can grow.

The Spanish Wikipedia, if I remember correctly, threatened to split off in
2004 due to Wikipedia having no solid non profit foundation. Those are WT
have the same concerns. They do not want all their volunteers efforts going
to the bottom line of a for profit (Internet Brands). And would anyone
blame them. If we within the Wikimedia Movement want to see this content
improved we should welcome them into the WMF. We have 20 editors supporting
this proposal as of April 10th, 2012.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Travel_Guide

--
James Heilman