[Foundation-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Welcome to Wikimedia D.C.

Tomasz W. Kozłowski odder.wiki at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 13:10:16 UTC 2011

Errrm.. this is an official approval of the organisation called "Wiki
Society of Washington, DC Inc." or I miss something?

>From a *very* formal point of view, the Board has just recognised a
non-existing organisation, as there is no single mention of the name
"Wikimedia" in the bylaws of "Wiki Society of Washington, DC Inc.".
Why does Wiki Society of Washington, DC Inc use the name "Wikimedia
District of Columbia" as their official/convenient name, then?

Am I the first one to spot such a difference in the name of the
chapter? All (or almost all) existing chapters use the name
"Wikimedia" -- WMNYC's official name, for example, is "Wikimedia New
York City".

--
Tomasz W. Kozłowski