[Foundation-l] Reflections on the recent debates

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sat May 8 16:35:01 UTC 2010

On 8 May 2010 17:27, Sydney Poore <sydney.poore at gmail.com> wrote:

> I fully endorse every aspect of Mike Godwin's comment.
>
> The Boards statement makes it clear that their view is that Community
> discussion is needed to find long term solutions to the issue. And that "not
> censored" should not be used to halt discussions about the way to manage
> content.

It hasn't been. With previous attempts "you are being a [[WP:DICK]] go
away" (okey generally with less explicit phrasing) has been used to
halt the discussion. Not censored or otherwise /is/ the discussion.

> The clean up project initiated by Jimmy on Commons has brought much needed
> attention to a long standing problem.

Useful attention is a subset of attention. We've not got much of that
subset right now.

>Now is the time for the Community to
> focus on cleaning up Commons and writing a sensible policy about managing
> sexual content.

The community doesn't answer to you.
--
geni