[Foundation-l] Fundraiser update

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 08:03:53 UTC 2009

Not really, if you give your eyes to blogosphere global and hence
multingual, including mine. I hope some would go through mine to the
fundraising page, and some of trackbacks to my entry were clearly
positive ("I've donated them, you can do too") too.

It is still anectodal, but I think it good to show your commitment to
the project on your blog, not only through your editing. A blog entry
which reads "I love Wikipedia because xxx and will appreciate every
support, specially financial one" has worked well, at least in
Japanophone blogosphere.

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 8:20 AM, Brian <Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu> wrote:
> Supposing every blog post that mentioned 'wikipedia' and 'fundraiser' was
> negative, there would be 69,978.
>
> http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch?q=wikipedia+fundraiser
>
> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Mathias Schindler <
> mathias.schindler at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 11:57 PM, Brian <Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu> wrote:
>>
>> > I challenge you to find 1% as many negative blog posts regarding the
>> > fundraiser as there are positive comments left by donors.
>>
>> Apart from that interesting debate between you and geni, I had the
>> personal impression that this year's fundraising drive created a bit
>> more negative responses for example in the OTRS (both relative and
>> absolute) than last year's. I don't have numbers to prove it, so it
>> remains an anecdote.
>>
>> Mathias

> You have successfully failed!

KIZU Naoko