[Foundation-l] Porchesia

Alison Wheeler wikimedia at alisonwheeler.com
Sat Sep 30 19:50:39 UTC 2006

On Sat, September 30, 2006 19:35, daniwo59 at aol.com wrote:
> I have just deleted an article, [[Porchesia]]. Any admins are welcome to
> read the history. It was created in November.

As a comparison, something that got dealt with earlier this year - where
there were inbound and outbound links but nobody (ie no regular editor)
had taken a look at the article;
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Gransha&direction=prev&oldid=50468866

This became the subject of a media event in Northern Ireland when the
local politician discovered that - according to us - he was in the middle
of a major terrorist area. In fact it was and remains a very quiet area;
the article had basically been created and edited to extremes by local
schoolkids, but because it wasn't on anyone's watchlist it didn't get
'caught'.

The issue is, if an article survives the 10-30 minutes it remains on 'new
articles' it is likely to stick around unless you happen across it while
taking a random-article-walk. How we deal with articles 'getting away from
us' like the Gransha one did though I do not know ...

Alison Wheeler