[Foundation-l] Taipei chosen to host Wikimania 2007

Gatto Nero gattonero at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 06:45:45 UTC 2006

2006/9/30, THD <theodoranian at gmail.com>:

> > Should we deny that a bid has been choosen that copied even the idea
> > of a logo from the Torino's bid? Even.
> >

> Excuse me. Could you clarify what is the "logo from the Torino's bid" you
> mentioned? Do you mean the WM with a green W and red M on the left-under
> corner of Torino's banner?
>
> THD

How can we say...? Maybe the rectangular logo with a black band on the
bottom, the logo of wikimania on the left, the choose to write
"Wikimania2007Taipei" just like "Wikimania2007Torino" (and you were
not obliged to write it in that way: you could write "Taipei 2007" and
"Wikimania" in a lot of different way).
Surely you have not copied the idea of different photos combined, yes,
but all this copying thing is so evident...
I'm not saying that you were not allowed to copy or to take
inspiration from the other bids.
I just find it sad to make it in this way.
Personally, knowing that there were a bid with a logo sooooo strangely
similar to mine (that put it on the page before of me), I had tried to
work more and invent a logo totally different from the other.
It's not that difficult to understand.

Gatto Nero