[Foundation-l] Taipei chosen to host Wikimania 2007

Sabine Cretella sabine_cretella at yahoo.it
Sat Sep 30 08:42:46 UTC 2006

Ok, could we please all calm down on that now?

Taipei was chosen - that is a fact. They did great work like all other
bidding teams did. Instead of creating problems could we please look
forewards and help them to make it a great event? There is always only
one winner.

Are we a community or not?

Other events can be programmed of course - and having things on a
national level, for example something like an after Wikimaina (like it
was done in the Netherlands this year) would make sense, but I don't see
any sense to now discuss about obvious things. The Jury was known before
and I believe it was composed of people who know what they did and why.

So please: help Taipei or if you are not interested do nothing - but
don't hinder them from doing their work.

Thank you!!!

Sabine