[Foundation-l] Proposal re: sep11.wikipedia.org

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Thu Sep 28 21:18:50 UTC 2006

Tim 'avatar' Bartel wrote:

> We had supporters in germany - mainly two big universities - who
> stated that they are very unhappy in helping us [...] because
> they disagree that sep11 suits into the WM project portfolio and
> the "scope & mission" and that they are unable to support us
> further.

Without interfering with the issue here, I'd like to point out
that there are always people who produce various excuses for not
contributing to volunteer projects.  There is nothing that proves
that they would indeed contribute if the reason for that excuse
was removed.  Instead, they could find another excuse for not
contributing.

People who really want to contribute will instead find excuses for
doing so despite the various obstacles that might come in their
way.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)