[Foundation-l] Taipei chosen to host Wikimania 2007

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 13:18:15 UTC 2006

I don't see how this can be avoided, if we want the
sort of high quality bids we saw for 2007.  The only
reason people pushed so hard for such great results
was because they knew they were in competition and had
a chance of losing.  If we focus on minimizing the
amount of wasted effort then we will end up minmizing
the quality of the bids.

I don't see any reason to scrap the system which
brought us the Turin and Tapei bids without any better
alternative.

Birgitte SB