[Foundation-l] did i miss something?

James Hare messedrocker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 23:32:54 UTC 2006

I vote we forgive and forget. Let me share you some folklore from the land
of Wikinews.

A while back, an administrator construed a user's comments as a personal
attack, and blocked said person. Another administrator disagreed, and
blocked the blocking administrator for a hell of a long time for "admin
abuse". Ungodly wheel warring ensued. It was so bad that it actually led to
arbitration. The comments were being made by involved parties, then a fresh
voice came in: Eloquence's. He says that instead of arbitration, the
administrators should forgive and forget. It was a pathetic situation to
begin with, so there was really no value of having arbitration over it.
Indeed, the affair became inactive and the request for arbitration was
withdrawn.

If we spend all this time slapping Erik for messing up, we won't accomplish
anything. Let's forgive Erik and Tim for messing up, consider the fact that
no damage was done, and move onto more important issues.