[Foundation-l] did i miss something?

Sebastian Moleski sebmol at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 06:32:50 UTC 2006

On 9/27/06, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On 9/27/06, Sebastian Moleski <sebmol at gmail.com> wrote:
> > With all due respect, but you're no Jimbo Wales.
>
> I knew this response (including this very wording) would come, but I
> still think it's a valid question, independently of my own access.

Erik,

I'm sorry I must have made a mistake. I meant to say you're not Jimbo Wales,
there was a 't' missing. I'd imagine that's not quite the same thing.

In any regard, it may be a valid question to some but I don't think it is
for the foundation. Jimbo is obviously heavily involved on the English
Wikipedia and has the power (and used) to remove sysop status from users. To
be able to do that, he has to be a steward. Now, theoretically he could
request that a steward do that on his behalf. However, since Jimbo tends to
get involved in what he would consider emergency situations, speed may be of
the essence and thus delegation inappropriate. It also relieves any
responsibility from stewards who would have to carry out his request.

Regards,

Sebastian