[Foundation-l] Conflict of interest policy

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 07:52:09 UTC 2006

Brion Vibber wrote:
> Anthere wrote:
> [snip]
>
>>This policy applies to the Foundation’s board members, officers, and
>>executives.
>>
>>I will consequently ask that
>>* all 5 board members
>>* all staff members
>

> Does this include Danny, me, Tim, and Mark? We're staff, but not afaik officers
> or executives in that sense.
>
> The pledge talks about being a member of the board of trustees. Have we been
> promoted? ;)
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Yup. Overnight. We needed to expand the board :-)

Yeah, it is no perfect as of today. The mention of staff and officers
was added at the last moment, and we apparently did not re-re-read the
whole text well. Original mention was board+manager. Manager being an
awfully fluttery word...
I'll list all the little points to be fixed and will propose an minor
update soon (before 45 days :-)).

For now, spirit of the law please.
Pledge and questionnaire for board members.
Questionnaire for staff (Brad, Brion, Mark, Tim, Danny and whoever else
there is as of today)
Replace "member of the board of the Foundation" by "employee of the
Foundation".

ant