[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Board Elections

Alison Wheeler wikimedia at alisonwheeler.com
Sun Sep 24 13:14:02 UTC 2006

>> I think this argues for some form of indirect democracy in order to
>> broaden the international participation in the foundation.

> En is the biggest project by any reasonable metric. Thus it seems
> reasonable that it sould have a significant say over who ultimately
> runs it.

Could I remind people not to lose sight of the fact that "international
participation" is very strong in en:, not only with editors from the USA,
England, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa (where en; is the
'native' language) but also India and, frankly, nearly every other country
around the world.

one cannot equate "en:" with "English-speaking-countries-only" (and, of
course, vice-versa.)

Alison Wheeler