[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Wikimedia Board Elections

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sun Sep 24 12:21:27 UTC 2006

Alphax (Wikipedia email) wrote:
>> Conspicuously missing, as Oscar wrote, is Japanese, but also Polish.
>>

> ... we forgot Poland?

Did you?  What I meant was this: according to the totals Oscar posted,
there were very few votes from Polish projects.  Polish is our 5th
largest Wikipedia, and I am here in Poland at the moment and I can
testify that there is an active community here.  So, something clearly
failed in terms of "bringing out the vote" in Poland (for example).

--Jimbo