[Foundation-l] Candidate statements

Amgine amgine at saewyc.net
Fri Sep 22 00:57:52 UTC 2006

On 21-Sep-06, at 5:22 PM, Angela wrote:

> On 9/22/06, Amgine <amgine at saewyc.net> wrote:
>>> Articles only make up 25% of the English Wikipedia.
>> Actually, I just requested a run against the database on Toolserver.
>> 48% of entries in the dataset are in the main namespace
>
> I was defining "article" in the same way [[Special:Statistics]] does.
>
> Angela.

Ah... when we attempted apply that metric (http://en.wikipedia.org/
wiki/Wikipedia:What_is_an_article) to all the namespaces the numbers
did change dramaticaly. Main namespace articles dropped to 33%, and
article talk pages climbed to 16%. So then the articles *do* drop
below 50% of the content.

Amgine