[Foundation-l] Candidate statements

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Thu Sep 21 22:47:10 UTC 2006

In a message dated 9/21/2006 6:43:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gerard.meijssen at gmail.com writes:

Danny,
We are not writing an encyclopaedia. We are also writing an
encyclopaedia. It is just one of the things that we do. The Foundation
is NOT about writing an encyclopaedia. The Foundation is about enabling
projects like Wiktionary in many languages, Wikibooks in many languages,
Wikiquote Wikinews and ALSO Wikipedia in many languages.

Given that  the election is about governing the Foundation it is highly
relevant that  people can be explicit in what they aim to do. When people
want to write a  platform why they should be elected, it is for the
people that read it to  comment on it and maybe even inform the rest
about potential  silliness.

NB It has been said both by Anthere and Jimmy that the  Foundation is
/not /about Wikipedia when commenting on some of the initial  platforms
of Wikimedia Foundation board  candidates.

Thanks,
GerardM

Thankl you for the reminder, Gerard. Without it I would have forgotten my
15,000 edits in Wikisource over the past two months.

Wait ... you forgot to list Wikisource ... I guess that doesnt count.

Danny