[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Wikimedia Board Elections

oscar oscar.wiki at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 09:59:45 UTC 2006

i wasn't so much interested in how is this possible, of course there are
many ways explaining this.

i am primarirly intereseted in raising the question as to how to overcome
this "cultural issue", as anthere rightly called it. with my final sentence
"it is my conviction that for the future, more than "just" translations for
elections (i take them as an example of a bigger thing to consider here) are
mandatory to evercome this *gap in culture*. (a point of attention for the
board retreat imho)" i addressed this very issue.

this is not only about the elections, but a larger issue!

not: how can this be explained?
but: what can we do about it lest the gap grows larger?

oscar