[Foundation-l] Verifiability: Constitution? Question for Jimbo!

Daniel Arnold arnomane at gmx.de
Wed Sep 20 01:53:52 UTC 2006

Well, as I have said it:
> > Well enforcing of policies in a bureaucracy way like: "There is something
> > wrong but I don't say what" does help nobody.

This includes that you are a bit patient with a newbie and go into detail what
you think a proper source could be because he probably has not a real clue
what a proper source could be like. But general patience does not mean that
you need to be overly patient and wait for enternity for validation of
information.

> Constructive criticism.. I would love a definition for that.. is that
> not the criticism that says "you are on the right track but see the way
> of your errors" .. basically replacing one POV with another ..

Ray Saintonge did define it nice:
"Not really.  It presents alternative points of view.  It recognizes what
is right in the article, and suggests alternatives that might improve
the article.  Insisting that the original writer has erred is not
constructive."

So I don't see how constructive criticism can introduce more POV.

> When you think that things are self evident, think again.. The only
> point you may have is that there are loads of crackpots posting their
> ideas. The overwhelming mass of them is why you come up with these
> rationalisations.. They help you sometimes, but they are as likely to
> prove you wrong.

True I love rationalisation but I don't mean dumb rationalisation blindly
ignoring everything else. Rationalisation does not mean applying a robot like
style. Rationalisation of certain things will also give you a lot of time and
creativity back you can use for for example for helping newbies making good
edits.

Cheers, Arnomane