[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Wikimedia Board Elections

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 12:53:13 UTC 2006

On 19/09/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> David Gerard wrote:

> > Would this sort of thinking be why it's almost impossible for someone
> > from en: to become a steward these days?

> Do you have facts and names to assert that claim David ?

This question was answered on the comcom list a month ago, when
someone asserted stewards from en: were a majority. To quote someone
else's reply then: "There are 18 active stewards.  Four are from en.
Four out of eighteen is not a majority.  (For the record, there are
two from fr, two from nl, and one each from es, no, it, ro, zh, it,
and ja.)" You participated in the thread in question, so could have
found the message in question as easily as I just did.

- d.