[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Wikimedia Board Elections

Brad Patrick bradp.wmf at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 16:50:39 UTC 2006

When I sit at my desk all day, it is not to edit EN:WP or anything
else.  It is to respond to Real World questions, problems, financial
issues, etc.  It is also to deal with "meta"-ish things that are across
all projects.  I am perfectly fine with the notion that a content
Wikimedian can edit to their heart's content without any idea "the
Foundation" (Brad, Danny, Brion, Mark, Tim) + zillions of volunteers are
working to keep their site up and running well.  We need not be in their
face reminding them of "the Foundation."  But if they care about the
future, policy, administration, or any of the rest of that stuff, we
need to be able to talk to them and have them understand what WMF does.
Before that, though, they are likely to come in contact with admins and
the cognoscenti of their project first.

I think I was agreeing with you.