[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Wikimedia Board Elections

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Mon Sep 18 15:35:34 UTC 2006

Ok, first I will agree that Kelly's post was one of the best and most
concise of this year.  But then let me also applaud Delphine's followup,
particularly this bit here:

Delphine Ménard wrote:
> We've seen that the "Foundation" doing anything invariably leads to
> mild or fierce accusations of "the Foundation" wanting to take over,
> rule and what not. Well, maybe if *we* the community, proposed the
> organisation (the Foundation) with a comprehensive way to go about
> this, showing that *we* the community, have understood what's at stake
> on an organisational level, things could change for the better.

One of the most worrying trends I have seen is a tendency for people to
think of "the Foundation" as being completely apart from "the
Community".  That way lies madness, I think.

--Jimbo