[Foundation-l] Citizendium, a new venture, will "fork" off from online encyclopedia Wikipedia

Sabine Cretella sabine_cretella at yahoo.it
Sat Sep 16 18:14:44 UTC 2006

Copying my answer to the com-com list also here:

Does it sound strange to you that at the beginning of this year I said
to a friend of mine that my feeling told me that someone will take over
the contents of Wikipedia and create a separate project. When I said
this, I was thinking of a different "person", or better a company all of
us know well. Ok, it is not them now, but  ...

I don't believe Citizendium will be able to take over Wikipedia, but you
never know - it would definitely be much better to have scientists work
on Wikipedia.

It is time to build the "the original" image of Wikipedia ... (remember
the CocaCola/Pepsi Cola marketing campaigns?)  - I mean "Wikipedia" -
the only original of all collaborative wikipedias (plus all the
advantages must come over).

How's the German stable version thingie going? (That is something I
would like to see on nap.wikipedia as well - for other reasons than on
de - connected to "standard and not standard nap") - Somthing tells me
that this feature together with the co-operation of scientists will be
the solution.

Thanks, Sabine