[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Youth Camp?

Andrew Lih andrew.lih at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 00:44:56 UTC 2006

On 9/5/06, James Hare <messedrocker at gmail.com> wrote:
> What a great idea -- "kids" meeting "kids" they found on the Internet.
>
> Sarcasm aside, this sounds like a good idea. Though my personal preference
> would be to go to Wikimania itself. But I'm not normal in too many ways.

I think it's a great idea, and is somewhat like what I've helped
organize with another nonprofit membership organization. One thing we
do is the week before the actual annual conference, have that be the
time to fly in students/youth to do the "camp" part, so that they can
also benefit from attending the big conference.

So in a similar way, we could have a week before Wikimania where we
gather the youth to have a special camp, which takes advantage of
Wikipedians who might be able to show up.

-Andrew (User:Fuzheado)