[Foundation-l] Business Related List

Luiz Augusto lugusto at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 21:26:43 UTC 2006

On 9/5/06, Jeff V. Merkey <jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com> wrote:

> David Gerard wrote:

(...)

It affects our efforts more directly since we provide the ability to
> sync and seed new communities with entire full mirrors of wikipedia
> that actually work and can resync with the Foundation. I certainly did
> not want to create hurt feelings and my suggestion about a
> business related list was to take many of these issues into another
> forum so the Foundation could manage them separately. I have been
> working very hard on these projects to help the Foundation and your
> assessment is very accurate and informed.
>
> Jeff

I have a nicely private working wiki with the last dump of Portuguese
Wikisource for personal tests and research using MediaWiki 1.>>8alpha<< (and
some extensions) sincronized from subversion repository in a Ubuntu Linux
machine and I never needed to ask something in foundation-l or in any
another mail listing on how to get it working (the only know issue is the
non display of Commons media, but this isn't a bug, is only a limitation).
My real work isn't related to IT, I'm a historian. Jeff, please STOP talking
about your efforts related to translation machines on this list. I and
anothers spend only free time to devote to Wikimedia projects and these
off-topic messages is time spendend in non-Wikimedia efforts in a Wikimedia
only list.

If you (or anothers) need to reply something to me about this message, do it
only privately.

Thanks for you attention and understanding