[Foundation-l] Business Related List

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 20:20:19 UTC 2006

I'm somewhat puzzled at the response to this thread. I appreciate Mr
Merkey has greatly annoyed many people in the past, but I know he's
putting in effort to work better with others now; and I'm not saying
Assume Good Faith In The Face Of All Reason (there are many people
whose names I never want to see in my Wikipedia email ever again) -
but that first mail read to *me* like a Wikimedia bug report (problems
reading data dumps), which only needs redirection to wikitech.

So, um, could everyone please just take a deep breath? And if there's
a problem with the current dumps, I'm sure the devs would rather know
than not know, and politely directing people to the right list is a
better response even if it was sent by Lir or Wik or Plautus Satire or
something.

(And I know I'm way guilty of blowing my top inappropriately on the
lists of late and do apologise again and will calm down and settle
into middle-aged suburban existence soon, I swear.)

- d.