[Foundation-l] Business Related List

Jeff V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Tue Sep 5 17:28:22 UTC 2006

Michael Bimmler wrote:

>On 9/5/06, Jeff V. Merkey <jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com> wrote:
>

>>Luiz Augusto wrote:
>>

>>>Sorry Jeffrey V. Merkey but all of your messages related to machine
>>>translations in a project >OUTSIDE< of Wikimedia Foudation is reported as
>>>Spam by me, using "Report Spam" button on Gmail system.
>>>

>>As said, A business related list is needed. This posting is a good
>>example why...
>>

>If you have a high-priority and/or important business question, which
>you want to be answered by nobody but Foundation officials, why don't
>you just write an email to the Foundation? There is board at wikimedia
>dot org and bpatrick at wikimedia dot org (Brad Patrick, general
>counsel & Interim Executive Director WMF) for your convenience.

I do this all the time with Brad and those emails dont make it to this list.

>don't think that you can prohibit community members from expressing
>themselves when using a mailing list. There is private email for
>business purposes.

I am not trying to prohibit anyone from expressing themselves, in fact,
it's the other way
around, I am often the target of folks oppressing my expressions for
purely political reasons.
I have no problem using the foundation list for progress on African
languages and other programs, but a business
oriented list would be a better solution. The problem with the community
moderator concept
here is there may be other businesses spring up and when a non-employee
threatens to moderate
or does moderate someone on such a list, there are some issues
potentially created for the foundation.
Issues I would rather not deal with.

Jeff