[Foundation-l] Edits by project and country of origin

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 11:50:56 UTC 2006

The same interest I have. Also a similar data of "edits within
country" in the Eastern Asia will be instructive.

Some Malay/Indonesia based editors I have known by chance said one
problem they faced was font (un)availability. They said that it was
relatively easy to find US-EN input method installed PCs but a bit
hard to find the local language font and input method, specially this
language is not "official language of governent". To promote such
projects, we need to provide information not directly related to wiki,
like "how you can get the font for your language", supposedly.

On 9/4/06, daniwo59 at aol.com <daniwo59 at aol.com> wrote:
> What I find especially interesting is not the native Asutralian languages,
> which have a handful of speakers only, but the fact that in India, over 99
> percent of people prefer to edit in English than in their native languages. It
> would be interesting to see the results once native languages are included in
> the sample.
>
> Danny

Kizu Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org