[Wikimedia-in-blr] Fwd: {CSIBC_LifeMembers} INVITATION----C-DAC IDN Workshop in Bangalore on 28.11.2011

Arjuna Rao Chavala arjunaraoc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 07:32:43 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: csi bangalore <bangalore.csi at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 12:20 PM
Subject: {CSIBC_LifeMembers} INVITATION----C-DAC IDN Workshop in Bangalore
on 28.11.2011
To: csibc_lifemembers at googlegroups.com
Cc: "Yogesh P. Rao" <yogeshr at cdac.in>, bala0302 at gmail.com

    Dear Sir / Madam,

 C-DAC and DIT are jointly organizing a workshop on “Internationalised
Domain Names” targeting specifically Kannada Language to create awareness
among Registrars, Sub-Registrars, Industry partners and other major players
in Bangalore.  The details of the workshop are as under:

*VENUE*:   The Capitol Hotel, No.3, Raj Bhavan Road, Bangalore-560 001.

*TIMING* :  1000 hrs to 1500 hrs

*Date*: 28.11.2011

The invitation is attached herewith. For free registration and detailed
agenda of the workshop please visit the website http://www.idn.cdac.in.
For any queries, you may feel free to contact the undersigned.

We request your gracious presence at the event.

Meanwhile we understand that you have an internal mass mailing system to
all your members. We request you to kindly host our invitation in your site
so that the our invitation can reach the members to register for our
workshop. We solicit your help in this regard.

Thanking you and with regards,

Regards,

*Yogesh P.Rao*
Principal Technical Officer
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing(C-DAC)
C-DAC Knowledge Park
#1, Old Madras Road, Byappanahalli
Bangalore-560 038
Tel: 080-66116422/25246386(Direct)
Tel: 080-66116400/01/02/03(Board), Cell: 9449084771
Fax: 080-25247724
www.cdac.in

dangerous content by MailScanner and is
believed to be clean.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Dear Sir/Madam,

As you must be aware, Internationalised Domain Names in Indian languages will soon be made available.  You will be, therefore, able to type a URL in an Indian language of your choice.

The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), under the aegis of the Ministry of Communications & Information Technology has been involved over the past few years in this initiative.   The main aim has been to evolve a policy for allotting IDNs in the major Indian language/scripts, thereby empowering the user to register the URL in the Indian language of his choice.

Given the complexity of Indian writing systems, safeguards will be of primary importance to ensure that the common man is secure as far as possible from pharming and spoofing attacks.

To create awareness among Registrars, Sub-Registrars, Industry partners and other major players, C-DAC and DIT are jointly organising a workshop targeting specifically Kannada Language  to be held in Bangalore on 28th  November, 2011.   A detailed programme of the same will be available on our site for your ready reference.  The details of the workshop are as under:

VENUE:   The Capitol Hotel, No.3,
                  Raj Bhavan Road, Bangalore-560 001.

TIMING :  1000 hrs to 1500 hrs

For free registration and detailed agenda of the workshop please visit the website http://www.idn.cdac.in.

For any queries, please contact:

Phone : Pune: +91-20-25503403/ 25503495/ 25503402/ +91-9372111999
              Bangalore: +91-9449084771
Email  : gistadmin at cdac.in

We request your gracious presence at the event.

With Regards,

Mahesh D. Kulkarni
Associate Director & HoD - GIST Research Labs
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
7th Floor, NSG IT Park, Aundh,
Pune - 411007.
Email: gistadmin at cdac.in