[Wikimedia-in-blr] Update on Wikipedia 10 event

Srikanta P srikanta55 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jan 6 10:18:47 UTC 2011

Hi,

Arun, i happened to visit NIAS last year as part of Mozilla devcamp, it is
aptly suited as you have said in the previous mail. I'll just give you
points on how things were set up then,

1. The lobby just before the Main Audi was used to register the participants
and also to distribute swags at the end of the event.
2. A small covered area which you had mentioned, was used to serve lunch.
Most of them had to sit on the grass and have lunch then.
3. As the main audi doesnt have much of power plugin points, getting laptops
wouldnt be viable.

For registration :
1. I suggest using EventBrite http://www.eventbrite.com/fees/ as its free.
It gives a compact registration derails of the delegates. Also we will be
able to restrict the number of participants according to the capacity of the
audi.
2. If one feels this is complicated then we can as well go with the Google
Docs as registration form.

For Publicty :
1. I saw Tinucherian would be able to do through main stream media, but once
we get done with the registration form, we can start tweeting about it and
also pass on to the numerous open source communities. That should help us
get the proper audience.

I've spread the word on the requirement for volunteers, I hope to see few
joining the mailing list shortly

Regards,
Srikanta