[Wikimedia-in-blr] Update on Wikipedia 10 event

Arun Ramarathnam arunram25 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 05:05:43 UTC 2011

Dear all,

Thanks for the detailed update Srikanth.

I do think we should move ahead with NIAS (National institute of Advance
studies) as a venue. www.nias.res.in

   - We found it to be very spacious (as you can see from the pictures).
   - It has a nice stage and lighting equipment.
   - There are multiple halls (auditorium, lecture hall and possibly another
   conference room
   - They have a foyer that would help us have conversations between
   sessions.
   - There is ample parking at least 75 cars can easily be parked without an
   issue in campus.
   - There is a separate space for serving food in a buffet format.

The institute Directory and head of Admin head were gracious to accept the
request I made to offer this facility to us for free.

On behalf the whole team, I will go ahead and sent a note to them accepting
the venue and thanking them for the offer.

We have a great venue. The focus now is on the *content* and *
getting participation*.

This is a call for you all to please join the* daily calls*. We need more
help and hands on the deck.
There is a lot of work to be done, *We need volunteer time.* Please seek the
wiki for tasks you can volunteer for.

regards
Arun