[Wikimedia-in-blr] Update on Wikipedia 10 event

Srikanth Lakshmanan srik.lak at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 03:56:44 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Arun, Tinu and myself have been working on the venue and we visited the NIAS
(IISc campus) yesterday. The venue looks good and we would mostly be
confirming this place soon. Pictures[1]. Arun, can you please confirm
this? I have applied a grant of 1000 USD for the event.Details[2]. The
merchandise from foundation is on transit and we would get it in another few
days.

We still have to work on the content format, speakers, food, PR,printing
banners, pamphlets etc and a lot more. We are having the daily call for last
3 days and participation is very low.It would be great if the participation
increases from the core wikipedians to support this event to make it a huge
success.

We shall have the call at 10 pm starting today since some of us are getting
late.I request you to join the call and help in volunteering for any of the
above tasks. We need more support to make this event happen at the scale we
are planning.

Thank you!

Time : 10 pm (starting Jan 6, Daily call)
Conference id: 1587477
Pin: 4254
Dial in number : 080 67224444

[1] http://picasaweb.google.com/srik.lak/NIASVenue