[Wikimania-l] documentation

Pete Forsyth peteforsyth at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 19:53:27 UTC 2011

So, a quick update on my efforts on the Wikimania pages on Meta:

There's been much talk about building up the Wikimania Handbook to become an
increasingly useful resource. To that end, I've been trying to connect the
various "feedback" pages, which are overflowing with good ideas, to the
Handbook. I would welcome any help in this area, and so I'll explain the
process I've been going by:

Here's the flow I see: [[Wikimania YYYY feedback]] ------> (summarized in
sections) [[Wikimania YYYY lessons]] -----> [[Wikimania Handbook]]

So, for instance, I have summarized the discussion at:

Wikimania 2010: Monsters and critics (
http://wikimania2010.wikimedia.org/wiki/Monsters_and_critics )

Creating the much shorter page:

Wikimania 2010 lessons (
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2010_lessons )

And next I will ensure that all the items under "Badges" on that page have
made it, in some form, into the "Badges" section of:

Wikimania Handbook (  http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_Handbook )

Make sense? Please, if you have a little time to spare for this, jump in and
help out -- it won't take long if a few of us are working on it!

-Pete