[Wikimania-l] CD

Abbas Mahmood abbasjnr at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 22 12:39:00 UTC 2011

> From: amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
> Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 11:51:22 +0300
> To: wikimania-l at lists.wikimedia.org
> Subject: Re: [Wikimania-l] CD
>
> Having Wikimania during Ramadan doesn't prevent people from attending.

Actually it does. Personally, Ramadhan was one of the reasons I did not attend Wikimania. This is because, I come from a school where during Ramadhan, I only attend half-day classes. Also, in most of the Middle East, and some Muslim-centric organisations, people work significantly less hours in the office. I honestly believe that getting a Muslim to attend a three full-day conference during Ramadan is difficult.
//abbas.