[Wikimania-l] Partial scholarship system

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 06:25:45 UTC 2011

Average cost of flight is a bit awkward unless you exclude business
class....

Insurance, or at least health insurance is also a basic that we should
factor in.

I think we should set partial scholarships at say $200 less than the cost of
an economy flight, visa and Insurance from where you are to the host city.
That way the most help will go to the people who have the most expensive
journeys. Having spoken to some South americans at Wikimania I think it is
important that we include Visa costs in this as this is a major expense for
people from some countries when attending Wikimania in countries such as the
US.

WSC