[Wikimania-l] Thanks for all the fish... and lessons learned

Nemo nemowiki at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 15:00:22 UTC 2011

2011/8/9 Delphine Ménard

> * Moderation in the sessions: Have a _seasoned_ moderator in each
> room. Someone whose only job it is to cut short presentations that are
> too long, who can moderate discussions/questions if there is a need.
> Someone nasty ;).

I agree, I heard about a couple of problems because of the lack of such a
moderator.
I'd add to his tasks (or the tasks of whoever else from the staff stays in
the room all the time) to grab a copy of each presentation slides, to be
uploaded to Commons or wikimaniawiki if the license is not suitable for some
reason. Presenters quite often don't know how to upload to our wikis, or how
to convert the files in the right format, or they just forget it.

On 9 August 2011 16:44, church.of.emacs.ml  wrote:

> Just a quick general reminder:
> If you send feedback to the mailing list, please also add it on
> http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Feedback
>
> Also, if you notice something crucial is missing in the Wikimania
> handbook, add it: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania/Handbook

+1

Nemo