[Wikimania-l] Registration

Austin Hair austin at wikimedia.org
Tue Jun 22 17:29:12 UTC 2010

Hey Cormac,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you—some of these questions
were contingent on the results of a meeting I had this afternoon
(CET).

Accommodation costs are separate, and currently the least expensive
option is €20/night.  The bright side is that many of these will be
nicer than we were expecting, and sometimes even have just two beds to
a room.  (The rest will probably have three, so it's not as if
anyone's bunking with seven other guys in a barracks.)

We're working on bringing the price down for accommodation for the
"luxury" rooms in hotels, as well.  Those of you who made your choice
based on price, don't worry—you'll have an option to change your
decision before you pay.

Unfortunately, we really can't make a policy of invoicing employers
and educational institutions directly.

And yes, payment is still being finalized.  Meanwhile, your places are
being reserved, and anyone who registers now will be able to attend.

If anyone else has any questions, as always, please feel free to
e-mail me either on- or off-list.

Austin