[Wikimania-l] Fwd: Privacy of registration data

phoebe ayers phoebe.ayers at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 19:08:43 UTC 2010

Forwarding message for HaeB.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: HaeB <haebwiki at gmail.com>
Date: 2010/6/16
Subject: Privacy of registration data
To: wikimania-l at lists.wikimedia.org

Hi,

by its nature, the Wikimania registration form at
https://wm10reg.wikimedia.org/ needs to ask for sensitive personal
information. However, it currently does not state what this
information will be used for and who will have access to it. I was
told that the usual Wikimedia privacy policy applies - could we add a
link to it on the registration form, for clarification?
(http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Privacy_policy) Thanks!

As a general remark, the privacy of Wikimania registration data has
been an issue in the past. While for example the Buenos Aires team
appears to have been very diligent in that regard, there have been at
least two other Wikimanias where real names of participants were
posted on the Web, against their will.

Regards,

HaeB

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:HaeB