[Wikimania-l] no...

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Mon Jun 7 09:41:33 UTC 2010

right now, please correct me if I'm wrong, there is no...

... Schedule, so I dont know if it will be worth while to go to wikimania
... Accommodation, so I do not know whether I can actually sleep somewhere
... Registration or even information about the costs
... Social program (incl. pre and post conference), so I don't know if that
makes it more interesting

please, I have enjoyed Wikimania a few times now - but this is so much
uncertainty, that I am really doubtful if this will be worth it to reserve
at least a week and pay the travel and lodging costs, which dont really get
any cheaper either. All we hear is "coming soon" for some months now (at
least since before the chapters meeting). Even if it is not perfect, please,
get something up there, so that people can give it serious consideration
whether to come or not. We're not talking about a general wikimeet for a
bunch of folks in a city nearby, but a conference with sessions where people
need to get permission from their work sometimes to go there, where people
need to take days off, where people sacrafice their vacation for.

I am hoping for and looking forward to more information.

Lodewijk