No subject

Tue Jul 6 00:35:29 UTC 2010

Haifa)...
Gerald

--00504502d5334195f5048d90d63a

 Omar <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:maysara.omar at gmail.com">maysa=
ra.omar at gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" st=
yle=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">
 to hold a conference such as wikimania for all the reasons mentioned above=
, and i believe that it is fair to reconsider the decision, and i hope that=
 we, along with the wikimedia foundation, and along with the israeli partic=
ipants too, will find reason to address the issue with view to fairness and=
 practicality.<br>
inions and beliefs, I don&#39;t believe this is the proper forum for them. =
There was a bidding process for hosting Wikimania, and Haifa was the best o=
f the entries.</div>
a Jury, which I believe is unfair. If your concerns were valid, I&#39;m sur=
e they would have been raised and addressed in the bidding process. That ac=
tually would have been the right time to raise such questions, when no deci=
sions had yet been made.</div>
om attending, but all of</div><div>the concerns you raise are beyond the sc=
ope of the organizers to address. If you wish to be constructive, I would w=
elcome your thoughts and ideas for ways to allow more Wikimedians to attend=
 Haifa, or to reform the selection procedure so that these issues are broug=
ht up during that process.</div>

--00504502d5334195f5048d90d63a--