[Wikimania-l] Biography of Lech Wałęsa in 104 languages of the world on Wikimedia Commons

Jeromy-Yu Chan (Jerry~Yuyu) jerry.tschan.yu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 07:58:06 UTC 2010

frankly, I feel bit triste after reading the pdf

the Chinese version is so tiny,
anyway that reflects the goose neck of the development of zh.wikipedia
in general

On 26/07/2010, Daniel ~ Leinad <danny.leinad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that the book about Lech Wałęsa, which was
> prepared for Wikimania 2010 in Gdańsk, has been published at Wikimedia
> Commons.
>
> The book contains biographies of Lech Wałęsa[1] in 104 languages of
> the world. Every biography comes from a different language version of
> Wikipedia. All the text was retrieved at the same moment - On the 1st
> of March, 2010. The book was prepared by volunteers from the Polish
> Wikipedia community and the whole book, including the cover, is
> available under CC-BY-SA 3.0. All the authors are listed on the book's
> last pages.
>
> During the closing ceremony of Wikimania 2010 the book was shown for
> the first time in public. And a few days after Wikimania, the
> President of Gdańsk, Wikimania organizers and Polish Wikipedians gave
> Lech Wałęsa the first copy of the book[2].
>
> Now the book is available in PDF on Wikimedia Commons:
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Walesa_-_Biographies_in_the_languages_of_the_world_(Wikimania_2010).pdf.
>
> [1] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lech_Wa%C5%82%C4%99sa
> [2] - http://www.gdansk.pl/galeria?c=663
>
> Regards,
> Leinad

Jerry~雨雨
Jeromy-Yu Maximilian Chan, ARAD
User:Yuyu | zh.wikipedia | Wikimedia HK
ChapCom, WMF | ComCom, WMF
Blogger | http://jeromyu.wordpress.com
MSN: jeromyuchan at msn.com
also Jeromyu on twitter, plurk and most of places

Tel (Mobile): +852 9279 1601
Laudamus quae laudentur
Qui mollis et dissolutus est in opere suo frater est sua opera dissipantis
Non clamatis hostilia, numquam esse vos accusatoribus