[Wikimania-l] thank you

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 21:03:35 UTC 2010

I'd like to join the choir, thank you all the organizers and also to
Lodewijk, let us know the people who offered help in the last weeks.

Specially I'd like to appreciate the streaming team, on behalf of
Wikimedians in Kyoto, Japan. As I told Mathias, the meeting we at
Wikimedia User Group in Kansai presented in Tokyo last Friday, it got
a nice stable clear streaming, without any problem, user:Aokomoriuta
said to me. Again, thank you for your all work which made it.

hugs and kisses,

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Lodewijk <lodewijk at effeietsanders.org> wrote:
> Dear organizers (hopefully someone can forward it to those not on this list)
>
> thank you so much for putting the time and dedication into this years
> wikimania. Organizing a conference of this size with attendees who have such
> high demands and expectations is as always hard, and I think it deserves an
> applause no matter whether some things did not go as planned.
> It was a very difficult organizing this year, the bumps in the road were
> numerous and I would like to explicitely thank all those volunteers who were
> not a part of the bidding team but stepped in when their help was most
> needed. Several people who live outside Poland suddenly lived for a few
> weeks in an appartment in Gdansk together - leaving their lives for what
> they were - and had to make horrible long hours to make the conference to
> what it has become. I have deep appreciation for those people and I think it
> is quite unique and wonderful to have such a volunteer base to fall back
> onto.
> But also "the people we did not see" did a tremendous amount of work in the
> past weeks. I remember that I slipped a few days before the conference that
> it would be nice to have X in the attendee packages, and the next day they
> were suddenly arranged!
> I dont dare to call out the specific people, being afraid of missing several
> - I have only seen so much of it. I do hope to have the opportunity of
> seeing many of you irl again soon!
>
> many hugs,
>
> Lodewijk

KIZU Naoko